My clients benefit from my special background: I add value because I focus on what I do best, which is handling U.S.-German issues. I collaborate with highly-qualified tax attorneys in Germany and with counsel in the U.S. who are best qualified in their tax-related areas as needed. I also work with experienced German/American attorneys covering matters relating to corporate law, contract law, distribution, licensing, trademarks, and other aspects of commercial law, as well as representation in American and German courts.
Here is a sample of what I can offer:
- Foreign tax credits vs. foreign earned income exclusion
- Utilizing the German-American double taxation treaty
- Meeting documentation requirements for foreign assets
- Recognizing whether value added tax must be paid or withheld
- Return Preparation (U.S.)
- Thorough review of pertinent information
- Swift handling of federal and state tax returns, individual and corporate
- Special attention to international issues
- Dealing with tax authorities in the United States
- Coordination with attorneys in Germany in dealing with German authorities
- Negotiation of Competent Authority relief
- Transfer Pricing
- Competent Authority relief, advance pricing agreements (APAs)
- Serve as executor of wills
- Provide expert testimony on tax issues in court
These are just a few selective examples where my international tax background comes in. Besides, I also handle typical domestic issues such as audit assist, installment agreements, offers in compromise, conflict de-escalation with tax authorities, and – if inevitable – representation in court.
Call or Email me today if I may assist you!